Monday, April 2, 2007

Friendship and Love Poems


My Gift To You


I live through my dark existence
only to bask in your beauty
your eyes that shine like sapphires
your smile that brightens even my sad existence
I envy the wind that runs through your hair
that touches your lips
I long to touch you
to hold you in my arms but I cannot
for your heart belongs to another
so, I can only love you from afar
your friendship means more to me
than anything this world provides
but like an angel you touched my heart
in a way that I've never felt before
cause I've never known what love is until this day
I know that we are only friends
but my heart wishes it to be more
so I will still hope and dream
that one day I can feel your lips pressed to mine
to hold you in my arms and say, "I love you"


This poem is a question that is often asked when you fall in love with a friend. Will they still be there for you?

Can We Still Be Friends?


I was cold and hurting
lost out in the night
wandering and searching
for heaven's light

I saw the night sky clearing
when you spread your rainbow wings
But little did I know
what joy you would bring

From that moment on
a friendship did start
you kissed away my tears
and sheltered my heart

I bless the day God
sent him from above
But then I grew fearful
for I had fallen in love

I told you this feeling
and what did you say?
You said you liked our friendship
and that's how it would stay

I cried for a friendship I thought I lost
But then felt your warm, gentle hand
You then whispered in my ear
that by my side you'll forever stand


This poem describes the mixed feelings of saying goodbye to a very special girl who fired up the feelings of incredible passion.

Saying Goodbye

So soft
the brief touch of your lips
on my cheek.

Was I almost intruding?

"Look after yourself "
should have been
"I love you!"

Then the Jumbo flew over
my head
and I shouted my love
above the roar
and thundering thrust

. . . as if you'd hear.

Through the clouds in my eyes
I watched you fly away
and wished I'd been born with wings.



1 comment:

Emmie said...

Beautiful collection of poems and verses!!I enjoyed reading every bit of it. It's enchanting!!:)

My Blog List